Title: Christmas at Iceland
Location: Iceland Supermarket, San Javier, Murcia
Description: Spangles is delighted to be singing at Iceland Supermarket to get shoppers into the Christmas spirit. Come aloong and get in the mood!
Times: 12:15 to 14:45
Date: Saturday, 18 December 2010
Here’s our Slimming World Mince Pies Recipe – we’re sure that you can find all these ingredients at Iceland:
Makes: 32 tarts
Syns per tart: 3½ on Extra Easy, Green and Original
For the pastry:
227g/8oz plain flour
Pinch of salt
113g/4oz margarine or butter
Cold water, for mixing
For the filling:
16 level tablespoons mincemeat
1 level tablespoon icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas Mark 5. Lightly spray some bun trays with Fry Light.
2. Make the pastry. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the fat, cut up into little pieces. Gently rub it in with your fingertips. Add sufficient cold water to mix to a ball that leaves the sides of the bowl clean. Rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 32 rounds with a 7½cm / 3in fluted cutter. Use to line the prepared bun tins.
4. Divide the mincemeat between the pastry cases. Roll out the remaining pastry trimmings and make some little stars with a small star cutter. Use to decorate the tops of the tarts.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and lightly coloured. Cool on a wire rack and dust lightly with sifted icing sugar.